- customer Service
- About McGregors
- Customer Survey
We offer a risk-free plan ensuring years of worry-free use of your new furniture
The Guardsman Elite program offered by McGregors provides protection against stains and damages in multiple furniture categories including; leather, fabric, vinyl and wood. Convenient, affordable, reliable coverage from the industry leader in furniture protection. A protection plan takes care of many accidents that may happen to your furniture after the sale.
Fine leather is soft and luxurious, making it an ideal choice for furniture. With the right care, leather improves with age, providing many years of enjoyable use. Even the best leather, however, is subject to damage. That's why McGregors provides a leather care program, a total care and maintenance system for your leather.
To maintain the rich, natural look of your leather furniture, we offer the following general recommendations:
Guardsman Leather Cleaner provides an efficient but gentle cleaning of full-aniline, semi-aniline and pigmented leathers. It safely cleans without leaving a residue or water rings. This mild treatment helps prevent the leather from getting too dirty, and can be used frequently without harming the leather. Regular use removes dirt and body oil build-up, that over time, can cause serious damage to leather. Guardsman Leather Cleaner is a water-based solution of neutral substances. After each cleaning, be sure to apply Guardsman Leather Protector/Conditioner.
1. Pretest all of the care products in a hidden area to make sure that they are compatible with the leather.
2. Water-based spills and stains such as coffee, ketchup, milk, etc. may require the Guardsman Leather Cleaner. Please refer to the instructions on the Leather Cleaner bottle.
3. For oil-based spills and stains such as popcorn grease, salad dressing or other non-water-soluble spills, wipe the leather clean with a clean, dry cloth. Allow for the remainder of the stain to dissipate into the leather over a 24-hour period. Do not use Leather Cleaner, Leather Protector/Conditioner, water or soap on oil-based stains.
4. Never use saddle soaps, oils, all purpose cleaners or solvents. Use of these products could damage the finish. Modern tanning techniques do not require such products. Most spills will blot up easily with a dry cloth or paper towel.
5. If these efforts do not produce satisfactory results, and if the stain or damage is covered by one of your McGregors/Guardsman Furniture Protection Plans, please contact a Guardsman Customer Service Representative at 1-800-253-3957. You must report your claim within five (5) days of the date the stain or damage occurred.
Wood furniture represents a significant investment in many homes. To maintain its beauty and help it last, wood furniture needs regular and proper care. Most wood furniture is finished with a fine lacquer or varnish. It has a sheen - or gloss - ranging from high to low, depending on the finishing materials the manufacturer has selected. The finish adds to the beauty of the wood and protects it. No finish is totally indestructible, but with regular care and Guardsman products it will last much longer. Providing years of satisfaction and enjoyment.
Guardsman Furniture Polish is recommended by leading furniture manufacturers. It is a special blend of natural and organic oils with cleaning emulsifiers. It does not contain wax, silicone or petroleum-distillate solvents. Guardsman Furniture Polish is safe, non-toxic, and non-flammable.
1. Wood furniture should be dusted as often as needed using the Guardsman Fine Furniture Dusting Cloth. Dust cloths can be reused by hand washing up to five times. It is also more efficient and convenient than spray products. Feather dusters scatter the dust particles into the air, which then resettle back on your furniture.
2. Polishing is recommended about once a month. If your furniture is used often, you may want to increase the frequency. However, be aware that over-polishing is the main cause of damaged finishes. Use a soft, lint free, absorbent cloth such as the Guardsman Fine Furniture Polishing Cloth and work with the grain of the wood. Always follow provided directions.
3. When using Guardsman Furniture Polish for the first time on previously polished furniture, it is necessary to remove old wax and polish. This can be accomplished safely and easily using Guardsman Wood Cleaner. Not taking this step could lead to disappointing results because the natural and organic oils in Guardsman Furniture Polish could soften and loosen the layers of wax built up over the years, leaving a cloudy surface.
4. If your wood furniture becomes damaged, and if the stain or damage is covered by one of our Furniture Protection Plans, please contact a Guardsman customer service representative at 1-800-253-3957. You must report your claim within five (5) days of the date the stain or damage occurred.
Your new mattress will help create a restful sleep environment. Be sure to ask your retailer for advice about properly moving your new mattress and foundation into your home. Improper installation can damage your new sleep set.
Turn and rotate a new mattress every few weeks to help smooth out contours. After a few months, turn and rotate your mattress twice a year to help equalize the wear and tear that normally occurs. Also remember to rotate your foundation as well.
Avoid using the handles to support the full weight of the mattress. Typically, handles are designed to help you position the mattress over the foundation. If used improperly, handles may pull out and damage the fabric.
Vacuum your mattress and foundation for general maintenance. Use a mattress pad to help keep the sleep set free from stains.
1. If the mattress becomes wet or soiled, blot any excess moisture using a soft cloth. Then follow the cleaning directions provided by the mattress manufacturer.
2. If these efforts do not produce satisfactory results, and if the stain or damage is covered by one of our Mattress Protection Plans, please contact a Guardsman customer service representative at 1-800-253-3957. You must report your claim within five (5) days of the date the stain or damage occurred.
Upholstered furniture adds function and beauty to every room in your home. The choices are many with a wide variety of fibers, fabrics, colors and styles readily available. Guardsman products help you maintain the beauty and value of your furniture investment.
Re-arrange the furniture occasionally to ensure even use of the cushions and wear areas. Reverse loose cushions weekly. Vacuum often to remove grit that can cause abrasion.
Caution those wearing clothing with transferable dyes, such as blue jeans, that the dye could transfer onto light-colored furniture.
Protect fabrics from the sun. Ultraviolet light (sunlight) will cause fiber degeneration and color fade. Fabrics should not be placed in direct sunlight, as this may cause fading. Occasionally, dyes can fade from impurities within the air.
Keep pets off the furniture. Pet urine and pet body oil can be difficult to remove. Use proper care with structural weave fabrics (design created by the weave) to protect against snags.
Before attempting to clean a spill or spot on your furniture, you should identify the fabric and correct cleaning method recommended by the manufacturer.
"W" Spot clean with water-based cleaner.
Guardsman Organic Stain LifterTM is a water-based spot cleaner that cleans fabrics without leaving any residue. It is recommended for fabrics treated with Fabri-Coate. Guardsman Organic Stain Lifter is for use on â€œWâ€ or â€œWSâ€ coded fabrics only. It removes water and protein-based stains such as coffee, blood, most food stains and pet stains. Pretest Guardsman Organic Stain Lifter in a hidden area for color loss and fabric compatibility.
As a general rule, when a spill occurs, it is important to clean the fabric immediately. The longer a spot remains, the harder it is to remove; it may even become permanent. If you have cleaning directions from the furniture manufacturer, follow those. If none are available, use the instructions provided here. For fabrics coded "W" or "WS" , or those that can be cleaned with water-based cleaners, use Guardsman Organic Stain Lifter. If your fabric carries an "S" cleaning code, use only water-free dry-cleaning solvents such as Guardsman Dry Cleaning Fluid.
1. Gently scrape away any excess solid matter or liquid using a dull-edge spoon.
2. Pretest the cleaner you intend to use in a hidden area for color loss and fabric compatibility. Look for faded colors, shrinkage or dark rings; these are signs of incompatibility.
3. If possible, place a clean white cloth under the area to be cleaned, such as the inside of a seat cushion. It will absorb the soil and produce better results.
4. Apply a small amount of cleaner to a soft, clean white cloth. Begin at the edge of the stain and work toward the center, turning the cloth often. Blot, don't rub the stain, as rubbing can roughen the delicate fibers and leave the fabric looking worn and faded.
5. After cleaning, "feather" the edges of the spot by brushing gently back and forth with a dry cloth. Dry quickly with a fan. This will help prevent ringing.
6. Keep a small stain small! A cotton swab, dipped into the proper cleaning solution and squeezed out, will wick up the dissolved stain, stopping it from spreading (this is a good fix for small ballpoint ink marks).
7. If your first attempt does not remove the spot, you may want to repeat steps three through five a second time.
8. If these efforts do not produce satisfactory results, and if the stain or damage is covered by one of our Furniture Protection Plans, please contact a Guardsman customer service representative at 1-800-253-3957.
Some stubborn spots may not respond well to the blotting technique described above. The following hints may help. Please note: Not all of the stains included in this chart are covered by our Furniture Protection Plan. As noted earlier, you should follow the furniture manufacturer's cleaning guidelines where applicable. Always pretest the cleaner in a hidden area.